Due to the Registry restrictions, it’s not possible to use privacy protection tools for .CA domains.
However, if you are registering your domain as an Individual, you can opt out of having your personal details listed in the CIRA's Whois. The following legal types allow selecting the"Hide registrant data in CIRA WHOIS" option during the checkout:
- Canadian citizen who is ordinarily resident in Canada
- Permanent resident falling under the definition provided in the Immigration Act (CA)
- Aboriginal peoples
- Legal representative
If you already have your domain(s) registered at Namecheap with any of the above mentioned legal types and wish to hide/show your contact details in Whois, you can do that in the following way:
1. Sign in
to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain:
3. Scroll down to the Domain Contacts section and click on Edit for the Extended Attributes section:
4. Select the required option from the drop-down and click on "Save Changes":
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team