How to configure Address Book, Calendar and Tasks in KDE KOrganizer on Linux
This tutorial will show you how to set up Namecheap Private Email ActiveSync for popular KDE organizer application - KOrganizer.We will use a test email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE 1: before setting up email account this way, make sure you already have required DNS records and mailbox created.
NOTE 2: take into account that synchronizing with mobile devices is available only for Business and Business Office packages only.
1. Open KOrganizer via KRunner (Alt+Space) and searching KOrganizer:
2. Right-click on the space of the left-side calendar list area and select Add Calendar option:
3. In the new Add Calendar window, find and select Open-Xchange Groupware Server option and click OK:
4. Enter Namecheap Private Email server name and your credentials in the next window:
Server URL: https://privateemail.com
Username: full email address
Password: password for your email account
You can click on Test Connection in order to check whether everything was set up correctly and then click OK.
NOTE: if warning message Confirm Website Access appears, ignore it and simply click Yes.
5. KOrganizer does not keep active connection to the server, so you may need to update the calendar as it indicated on the screenshot and select Update Calendar Folder (or F5 button).
Syncronization time can can be adjusted in Folder Properties menu, that is present in context menu appearing after a right-click on Namecheap Private Email title in calendars folder tree:
6. KAddressBook, KDE's contacts manager is configured automatically along with KOrganizer setup.
In case Namecheap Private Email address book does appear there automatically, add it in the same way you did it with calendar.
What may need noticing is that KAddressBook shows Global Address Book folder (all email addresses under email subsription) of Namecheap Private Email as System Folder > system_ldap.
Below you can find the list of the supported features available for Linux KDE KOrganizer package:
- address book
- email via IMAP/SMTP KDE client (KMAIL) with full events invitation support
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk