How do I connect my Wix site to my domain (in cPanel)?
Wix is a free website builder that allows creating Flash websites quickly and easily without needing special coding skills. Once you have created a fancy-looking web page, go ahead and connect it to the domain.
When you sign up for a free Wix account, you can create and publish your sites absolutely free. When you publish a free Wix site, it will automatically get its own site address (http://siteaddress.wix.com/myweb). If you would like to connect your own domain (for example, www.mydomain.tld), you will first have to upgrade your plan to a prepaid one that includes using your own domain.
If you already have a prepaid Wix account, you can map it to your site following these steps (for domains hosted with Namecheap):
1. Sign into your Wix account and select My Sites on the top of the page. Then, select a site you would like to connect your domain to:
2. Click the Manage Site button:
3. Select Connect Domain:
4. Choose the option Connect a domain you already own:
5. Enter the domain into the domain field (in the format domain.tld), select “Other” from the “Where did you buy your domain?” drop-down, and click the Change link:
6. Select Pointing and click Change Method:
7. On the next page you will get the host records that should be set in your Namecheap cPanel account:
8. Log into your cPanel account and go to the Zone Editor menu in Domains section:
9. Click Manage next to the domain you wish to edit:
10. Configure the following three records if you want to use a bare domain for your website, e.g., nctest.info:
To edit a record click Edit > enter the new value > click Save Record:
- A record for @ pointing to 184.108.40.206
- CNAME record for www pointing to www192.wixdns.net
- CNAME record for m pointing to www192.wixdns.net
To add a new record (for m. subdomain), click Add Record on the top of the record list > enter required values > click Add Record on the right:
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
11. Go to the Wix account and click Next:
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk