How do I connect my Wix site to my domain (in cPanel)?
Wix is a free website builder that allows creating Flash websites quickly and easily without needing special coding skills. Once you have created a fancy-looking web page, go ahead and connect it to the domain.
When you sign up for a free Wix account, you can create and publish your sites absolutely free. When you publish a free Wix site, it will automatically get its own site address (http://siteaddress.wix.com/myweb). If you would like to connect your own domain (for example, www.mydomain.tld), you will first have to upgrade your plan to a prepaid one that includes using your own domain.
If you already have a prepaid Wix account, you can map it to your site following further steps (for domains hosted with Namecheap.
1. Sign into your Wix account and connect the domain you already own.
2. You will get the host records that should be set in your Namecheap cPanel account:
3. Log into your cPanel account and go to the Zone Editor menu in Domains section:
4. Click Manage next to the domain you wish to edit:
5. Configure the following three records if you want to use a bare domain for your website, e.g., nctest.info:
To edit a record click Edit > enter the new value > click Save Record:
- A record for @ pointing to 22.214.171.124
- CNAME record for www pointing to www192.wixdns.net
- CNAME record for m pointing to www192.wixdns.net
To add a new record (for m. subdomain), click Add Record on the top of the record list > enter required values > click Add Record on the right:
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk