How to transfer a domain from Name.com
Before submitting a transfer request with us please obtain Auth/EPP code (if applicable) from Name.com, make sure that the domain is 60 days away from new registration or previous transfer, it is unlocked, private registration is disabled and it has valid contact details.
1. How to unlock your domain with Name.com:
When the lock is open the domain is unlocked
- Log into your Name.com account
- Click the 'Account' button at the top of the screen. Once you have done that, select "My Domains".
- Click the padlock icon to the left of the domain if it is locked.
2. Once that is done, you will see the private whois status at the bottom of the domain details. To disable Whois privacy click on the green magnifying glass.
3. Lastly, you will need to obtain the Auth/EPP code. To display it click the 'View' link next to 'Auth Code'. We recommend copying and pasting this in order to ensure that the code is correct.
You may aslo want to verify if the contact details on your domain are valid. Particularly, make sure you have access to current Administrative contact email address since the transfer approval email will be sent there.
You can check/ update the whois contact details of your domain by following the instructions below:
- Log into your Name.com account and click the 'Account' button at the top of the screen
- Click the domain you wish to update
- In the control panel, click 'Edit Contacts'. Then update the information if required and click the 'Update' button at the bottom left of
Once the domain name is unlocked and you have your Auth/EPP code you can initiate a transfer to Namecheap. Please refer to this article for more information on how to transfer a domain to us.