How do I enable Dynamic DNS for a domain?
Dynamic DNS is a feature that allows you to point a domain to any IP, and the changes are almost immediate.
For example, you have a server at home and host a website on your computer. But you don’t have a static IP, that is, the IP changes each time you reconnect, so for these purposes you can set up Dynamic DNS for the domain.
In order to enable Dynamic DNS for your domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account (Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Mouse over Account option in upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or select Domain List menu in the bar on your left:
3. Click on Manage option in front of the domain name you would like to enable Dynamic DNS for:
4. Click on Advanced DNS tab and find Dynamic DNS section:
5. Toggle the button to enable dynamic DNS feature:
6. In order to check a password that should be used in your dynamic DNS client, mouse over a circle for Dynamic DNS Password:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.