How to transfer a domain from Fast Domain
When a domain is transferred, the name servers associated with the domain stay the same (e.g., ns1.OldRegistrar.com and ns2.OldRegistrar.com). However, as the domain is no longer with the Old Registrar, the Old Registrar’s name servers will stop responding to any queries for your domain. This causes downtime until you switch to our DNS. Check how to reduce downtime in this case in our Knowledgebase article.
NOTE: If you are using a third party DNS like your hosting company, the domain transfer will not cause any downtime issues (as the DNS server settings will not change during the transfer).
Before submitting a transfer request with us, please obtain Auth/EPP code (if applicable) from Fast Domain, and make sure that the domain is unlocked.
Please review the step-by-step guide on how to prepare your domain for transferring from Fast Domain:
Please use these instructions if you have cPanel access. If you do not have cPanel access, please visit http://www.fastdomain.com/dm and you can log in with your old cPanel user name and password to administer your domains, then follow along starting at step 5.
1. Login to the cPanel;
2. Find the Domains section;
3. Click the Domain Manager icon:
4. This should display the Hosting tab of the Domain Manager;
5. Click on the Domain Manager tab;
6. Here you will see the list of your domain names, registered at Fast Domain;
7. Put a check mark next to the domain that you wish to transfer;
8. Next, go to Transfer EPP tab. Here you will see the code, please copy it so you can later enter it into Namecheap’s control panel:
9. Go to Lock tab;
10. Click the button which reads Click here to unlock your domain name.
Once the domain name is unlocked and you have received the Auth Code, you may initiate the transfer to Namecheap. Please refer to this article for more information on how to transfer a domain to us.
The following step is not absolutely required, but should be completed if you wish to speed up your domain transfer process. It is possible to complete this step when the transfer order has been submitted and the switch initiated at the Registry (should not take more than a couple of hours).
You should be able to accept the transfer on Fast Domain's side, which will speed up the process:
- Log in to your Fast Domain Domain Manager;
- Scroll down and select the domain pending transfer from the list on the left;
- Click the Transfer EPP tab to the right;
- Click Approve. The transfer should be completed within 30 minutes from this point.