How do I point my domain to my Ning site
In order to point a domain registered with us to your Ning
account, follow the steps below. Note that your domain should be pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option) or PremiumDNS to use this guide,
otherwise, the settings should be configured on the side of your hosting/DNS provider.
1. Sign into your Namecheap account (The Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Mouse over the Account option in the upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or choose Domain List from the left sidebar:
3. Click on the Manage button next to the domain name you wish to point to your Ning account:
4. Navigate the Advanced DNS tab at the top of the page, find the Host records section and click on the Add New Record button (not able to edit Host Records?):
If you already have a record set up, simply click on it to modify the value:
5. Configure the following two records if you want to use a bare domain for your website, e.g., nctutorial.info:
- A record for @ pointing to 220.127.116.11
- CNAME record for www pointing to your Ning's website address, e.g., nctutorial.ning.com
6. Click on the Save all changes button once done.
Please note that it may take 30 minutes for newly created record to take effect.
Once you've done so, you might also want to make sure that there are no conflicting records for the same Host and remove them, if there are any. The records you need to check may be of Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect, A or CNAME record types.
Here is the example of conflicting records:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.