How do I point my domain to my Ning site
In order to point a domain registered with us to your Ning
account, you will need to follow the steps below.
Please keep in mind that your domain should be pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS to use this guide,
otherwise, the settings should be configured on the side of your hosting/DNS provider.
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left navigation sidebar and click on the Manage button next to the domain name you wish to point to your Ning account:
If you already have a record set up, simply click on it to modify the value:
4. Configure the following two records if you want to use a bare domain for your website, e.g., yourdomain.tld:
- A record for @ pointing to 188.8.131.52
- CNAME record for www pointing to your Ning's website address, e.g., yourdomain.ning.com
5. Click on the Save all changes
button once done.
It may take up to 30 minutes
for the newly-created record to take effect.
6. Please ensure there are no conflicting records (A, CNAME, URL redirect records with different values but set for the same hosts) for your domain. If there are any, click on the trash icon next to the record you'd like to remove:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.