How do I connect my domain name to my Etsy account?
To connect your domain name to Etsy, it should be using one of the following DNS sets: BasicDNS
. Otherwise, please contact your hosting/DNS provider to make the necessary changes.
Please follow the steps below on how to configure your domain name:
1. Sign in
to your Namecheap account
2. From the left navigation sidebar, select Domain List and click on the Manage button that appears next to the domain:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and locate the Host Records section. Use the Add New Record button to add the required records:
*If you are unable to edit Host Records, please go here.
To use domain.tld and www.domain.tld, the following host records must be created:
- A Record for @ host pointing to 220.127.116.11
- CNAME for www mapped to patternbyetsy.com.
Please proceed as shown below and make sure to Save Changes:
If you’d like to create some other subdomains (for example, "shop" or "store"), feel free to add the CNAME records for them as well.
4. Please ensure there are no conflicting records with your domain name. Those might be A, CNAME, and URL Redirect records all contain different values but are set for the same hosts. If notice any of these conflicting records, please remove them using the Bin icon:
PLEASE NOTE: Expect an approximate 30-minute waiting
time for newly-created host records to take effect. Etsy webpages may
require more time, up to 48 hours in some cases, to become active.