How to connect a domain to MailChimp
MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service that allows sending bulk emails to existing and potential clients and other interested parties. It helps to design email newsletters, share them on social networks and track the results using available data analysis tools.
If your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, feel free to use these instructions to link your domain to your MailChimp account:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain name:
3. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Host records section. Then click on the Add New Record button (are you unable to edit host records?):
- You need to create the following records:
- Once the details are inserted, do not forget to save them using the Save All Changes button:
- CNAME record for k1._domainkey pointing to dkim.mcsv.net
- TXT record for @ pointing to v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net ?all
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
Once the host settings have been activated, log into your MailChimp
account and complete the setup.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.