How to connect a domain to MailChimp
MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service that allows sending bulk emails to existing and potential clients and other interested parties. It helps to design email newsletters, share them on social networks and track the results using available data analysis tools.
If your domain is pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, feel free to use these instructions to link your domain to your MailChimp account. Here are the steps:
1. First, sign into your MailChimp account. In the Home menu, go to the Profile area and select Account from the drop-down list:
2. Click Settings and select the Verified domains option:
3. You will be able to add your new domain or verify an existing one there. To add a new domain, click the Verify A Domain button:
4. Enter the email address containing the domain you want to verify* and click Send Verification Email:
*Please make sure that you are entering a valid domain-based email address.
5. When you receive the verification email, click the Verify Domain Access button in the email or copy the verification code:
6. You need to paste the code into the pop-up window in your MailChimp account and click Verify:
7. Once the screen refreshes, you will see a success message in a pop-up window. Click Done to close the window and return to the Verify domains page:
8. After that, click View setup instructions under your domain name:
You will be able to see the records that should be set up for your domain name and used for the domain authentication:
9. To add them in your Namecheap account, please perform the following actions:
- Select Domain List from the drop-down menu and click on Manage next to your domain name:
- Navigate the Advanced DNS tab on the top of the page:
- Find the Host records section (not able to edit Host Records?) and create the following records clicking on the Add new record button:
CNAME record for k1._domainkey pointing to dkim.mcsv.net
TXT record for @ pointing to v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net ?all
- Once the details are inserted, do not forget to save them using the Save all changes button:
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
10. Once the host settings have been activated, get back to the MailChimp
account and click the Authenticate Domain button to complete the setup:
When the domain is successfully authenticated, two green checkmarks will show up on the Verified domains page:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.