If you would
like to migrate your reseller account to Namecheap, and your existing hosting
account has cPanel and is active, our technicians may migrate the account for you. However, in order for us to assist you with the transfer your
account should meet the following requirements:
1. Your account with the old provider should be active for at least 3 days after the transfer assistance request submission. Otherwise, we may not be able to finish the transfer of the files on time.
2. WHM access details from the old hosting account should be provided to us for account validation purposes. We will need to check your account to ensure it will work on our servers with your current configuration.
3. SSH access will speed up the transfer process, thus, provide it if possible.
4. Your account should be compatible with our servers and the package you’ve chosen and abide by our hosting TOS.
To begin the transfer process, you need to do the following:
1. Go to the Reseller Hosting landing page and order the package tech specs of which suit your existing accounts requirements.
2. Once your package with Namecheap is active, and you receive your Welcome email, submit a ticket to the Hosting Transfers department with the transfer request.
3. When the account is restored, update nameservers to our reseller default ones or to your reseller private ones (in case you wish to check the website during the DNS propagation, follow this tutorial)
If you have full cPanel backups of your resold accounts downloaded to your PC, do the following:
1. Go to the Web Hosting landing page and order the package tech specs of which suit your existing accounts requirements.
2. Once your package with Namecheap is active and you receive your Welcome email, upload full cPanel backups to the Home directory of your main cPanel account with us: