We have 3 types of VPS
Note: VPS Pulsar only supports the User-Responsible Management option at the moment.
User-Responsible - Free
User-Responsible is a type of management selected by default. We recommend this option to those who have a technical background and are familiar with managing and configuring servers on their own. User-Responsible Management includes the following:
- Initial server setup and configuration
- Detection and resolution of hardware issues
- Server reboot (by request)
- Full root access
For Core Software Changes (refers to software version changes, etc.), the price is $15.00/hour flat rate. OS reinstallation is free of charge. It presupposes data loss regardless of the destination OS.
For Fix Server Failure Cause (where our Tech Support investigate the root cause of a server failing), the price is $15.00/hour flat rate.
Basic - $10.00/month (only for cPanel)
Basic is a type of management that is only offered to those who have the AlmaLinux operating system and cPanel already installed. Here, core services under Basic are monitored by Namecheap with a proactive response if unexpected server failure occurs. Basic Management includes the following:
- Fixing of unplanned service interruption without root cause analysis
- Vendor updates (license and OS updates)
- Support for core server services (Apache, Exim, MySQL, FTP, cPanel, DNS)
- Full root access
For Core Software Changes (refers to software version changes, etc.), the price is $10.00/hour flat rate. OS reinstallation is free of charge. It presupposes data loss regardless of the destination OS.
For Fix Server Failure Cause (where our Tech Support investigate the root cause of a server failing), the price is $10.00/hour flat rate.
Complete - $25.00/month (only for cPanel)
Complete is a type of management quite similar to Basic in terms of its operating systems and cPanel where Namecheap runs and manages the A-Z of server services, software, and its components. Complete Management includes the following:
- Core software changes
- Incident root cause fix
- Weekly backups to an offsite backup server. For VPS packages with Complete management, we provide 100 GB of backup storage with VPS Quasar, and 200 GB with VPS Magnetar.
- WHM and cPanel Super User (Reseller Level Access)
- With Complete Management, you are only given reseller level access. This does not include privileges for root, reboot, and SolusVM access. Since our Tech Support team will be fully monitoring your VPS, they will have root access.
- Taking into account the limited offsite backup storage, we can guarantee one weekly backup copy only if the size of your accounts fits into the allocated limit. In case of insufficient disk space on the offsite backup storage, we will notify you about the lack of disk space via email so that you can either delete the unnecessary files or order additional storage.
- We do not assist with third-party software installation since we do not provide its further support and updates.
To place an order for our Basic or Complete Management options, contact our Billing/Sales department via Live Chat or submit a ticket. Once we receive your request, our technicians will check the compatibility of your VPS with the option you’ve chosen.
PLEASE NOTE: Our technical experts have access to the servers with Basic and Complete management, however, we may still request you to share the root password with us to make the assistance faster.