How can I configure my domain to About.me
In order to point a domain registered with us to your About.me account, please follow the steps below (note that your domain should be pointed to our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, otherwise, you will need to make changes on the side of your hosting/DNS provider):
- Sign in to your Namecheap account.
- Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button in front of your domain name:
- Click on the Advanced DNS
tab and find the Host records
section >> click on the records for @
to modify their values (not able to edit Host Records?
- Select A record for the Type for @ and www and point them to 22.214.171.124 IP address:
Alternatively, you can use A Record for @ host pointing to 126.96.36.199 IP address and CNAME for www mapped to your bare domain name. In both cases the domain will be configured correctly.
The settings will look like this in this case:
- Save changes using the corresponding green button. Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created host records to take effect.
Once you've done so, please make sure your www.yourdomain.tld is not mapped to our Parking Page.
If you still have similar records, you need to remove them to have the correct page displayed after the setup:
After your settings have been activated, you need to make sure About.me knows about your custom domain so that it can direct visitors to your site.
Just log into your About.me account and publish your site to your domain name.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.