When you are transferring a .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz domain registration from
one registrar to another, there are specific steps you will need to take to prepare
your domain. Below are the details to prepare your domain for transfer with your
current registrar and then submit the transfer request with Namecheap.
Meanwhile, more details on the transfer process and on how to move from a specific
registrar, can be found here.
Prepare your domain for a transfer promotion:
1. Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer. The domain will need to be
unlocked and must have been with your current registrar for at least 60 days;
2. Verify you have access to the email address on the domain;
3. Unlock the domain;
4. Get your Auth/EPP code from your current registrar;
5. Add the funds needed to your Namecheap account or verify you have a credit card on
6. Initiate the domain transfer at Namecheap and add to your cart.
Once the promotion has started:
1. Apply the coupon code to your cart;
2. Verify the cost change is reflected;
3. Complete the checkout process using the account funds on file or saved payment
From there, it may take up to 5-7 days for the transfer to be completed.
You can see more details on any of these steps in our resource How to transfer a domain name. If you
have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact our support department.