How do I set up a Host for Dynamic DNS?
Before you start using Dynamic DNS on a particular host, you need to set up an A record for it:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account.
2. Mouse over the Account option in the upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or choose the Domain List menu in the bar on your left:
3. Click on the Manage option next to the domain name:
4. Choose the Advanced DNS tab and then click on the Add new record button:
5. If you would like to have the IP address for your bare domain (yourdomain.tld) updated dynamically, select A+Dynamic DNS Record for Type and enter @ symbol as a Host:
To have your IP address updated for www.yourdomain.tld or test.yourdomain.tld for example, enter www or test for Host accordingly:
You may use any dummy IP address, like 127.0.0.0 for Value. Once your Dynamic DNS client is configured, this IP address will be updated automatically to your current one.
6. Once all details are inserted, save them using the Save changes green icon.
NOTE: It is possible to dynamically update IPv4 addresses (A records) at this time. Currently, IPv6 is not supported by our Dynamic DNS.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.