What is an IPS tag?
There’s no Auth/EPP code for .UK domains, however, they require an IPS tag change.
If you would like to transfer a .UK domain to Namecheap, you need to contact your current registrar and have them change the IPS tag to ENOM before placing the transfer request.
If you want to transfer a domain from Namecheap, it is required to change the IPS tag to the one of your gaining registrar:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account;
- Go to Domain List;
- Click Manage next to the domain you want to transfer out;
- Go to Sharing & Transfer tab;
- In the Transfer Out section click Manage;
- Fill out the form and click Save Changes.
It takes 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect.
Note: In case you are not sure about your IPS tag you can check it at http://www.nominet.uk/registrar-list/ or contact your gaining registrar.