How to change Namecheap Private Email password
Before proceeding, make sure you have logged out your mail account in Webmail and mail clients. Having an active session will prevent the password from being correctly reset.
In order to change password for your Namecheap Private Email mailbox, do the following:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account.
2. Go to Domain List menu on your left, make sure that All Products option is enabled. Click on caret to expand the associated services list.
3. Look for your Private Email subscription in the list and click on Manage next to it:
4. Scroll down to the section with your current mailboxes. Expand Edit storage menu next to email account you wish to reset the password for and select Change Password option from drop-down menu:
5. Submit the following fields:
New password: the password you would like to set for your Private Email account
Confirm new password: re-type the password you would like to set for your Private Email account
Namecheap password: enter the password you use to log in to your Namecheap account to verify the changes
Once done hit Save Changes. A change to your mailbox password will be effective immediately.
We suggest that you choose a strong password and update it regularly, e.g. every 6 months. Your password must be at least 8 characters and contain at least 1 uppercase character, 1 lowercase character and 1 number.
Use a mix of 8+ characters for a strong password. For an extra strong password, include at least 1 symbol:
Also, you can change the password for your mailbox in Webmail.
In order to do it, you need to access your mailbox at privateemail.com
and follow these instructions:
1. Navigate to System menu and choose Settings.
2. Select Basic settings menu in the bar on your left.
3. At the bottom of the page click on Change Password button:
4. Pop-up window will show up, fill out the fields and click Change password and sign out:
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk