offers the full suite of e-commerce solutions that are essential to an online platform for all your products.
you create a store on Shopify, it can be accessed via Shopify domain by
default. For example, if you have built a store with the "nctest" name,
you can enter http://nctest.myshopify.com
in a browser, and your website will be displayed.
It’s also possible to make your online store accessible via a domain name that’s hosted with Namecheap
, in cPanel. To connect such a domain name to Shopify, you’ll need to do the following:
- Set up the necessary records for your domain name and corresponding subdomain names in your cPanel account.
- Add the domain or subdomain
to your Shopify account.
1. First, log in to your cPanel
account and locate the Zone Editor
under the Domains
For cPanel Basic Theme:
For cPanel Retro Theme:
2. Click Manage next to the domain name you wish to set up:
3. In this section, you will need to modify a few host records for your domain name, depending on a subdomain you would like to use for Shopify:
(a) To use yourdomain.tld and www.yourdomain.tld, the following host records should be edited:
- A Record for yourdomain.tld should point to 22.214.171.124
- CNAME Record for www.yourdomain.tld should be mapped to shops.myshopify.com
To edit a record click Edit >> enter the new value >> click Save Record:
(b) To use another subdomain name, like store.yourdomain.tld, you should add the following record to your existing records:
- CNAME Record for store.yourdomain.tld should be mapped to shops.myshopify.com
To add a new record, click Add Record at the top of the record list >> choose CNAME record type >> enter required values >> click on Add Record:
Wait 30 minutes for the records to be accepted and click verify connection in Shopify admin to confirm that your custom domain is connected to your store.
Congrats! You’ve now pointed your domain name to Shopify.