Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up your Namecheap Private Email account on your iPhone.
In case you wish to configure all the necessary settings automatically on your iPhone, follow the next steps:
1.Log into webmail
from the preferred device. Then navigate to the System
menu >> Connect Your Device
2. Click on the Apple tab:
3. Now you will see the Connect your device menu.
There you will be able to:
- Synchronize your files with our Drive application. The detailed instruction is located here.
- Synchronize your Mail, Calendar and Address Book data with your device Automatically or check the Manual settings.
- Synchronize your Mail with Apple Mail App or check the settings for the Manual set up.
- Synchronize your Calendar and Address Book data Automatically or check the Manual settings.
: Automatic Configuration is available only in case you are logged into webmail from the preferred device.
4. Click Install in order to set up the settings automatically for the preferred option. The following message will appear, where you need to click Allow:
5. You will be redirected to the Install Profile menu. Click Install to proceed:
6. There may be a warning message The profile is not signed on the next page. Ignore it and click Install:
7. Now you will need to enter your Private Email password to save the settings. Click Next once done:
8. Your profile will be installed. Click Done to finish the installation:
That’s it! You will be able to check or change the settings in the Settings >> General >> Profile menu on your iPhone.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to set up several Private Email accounts, the second one and the following accounts should be added manually.
You can check the manual settings for your account in the System menu>> Connect Your Device section >> Apple >> Show details:
1. Go to Settings from your iPhone's home screen:
2. Choose Accounts & Passwords and click Add Account:
3. Choose Other from the list that appears:
4. Select Add Mail Account and enter the following records:
- Name - your name (will appear as sender's name)
- Email - your full Private Email address
- Password - the password for this email address
- Description - lets you specify any description (we suggest you use your email address)
5. Select protocol type: IMAP or POP3. We advise you to use IMAP. Your selection will be highlighted blue.
6. Settings are the same for both IMAP and POP3:
- Name, Email and Description: should have been already filled in
- Host name: mail.privateemail.com (same for all accounts)
- User Name: your Private Email address
- Password: password for your Private email
7. If you use IMAP, you can enable the following services:
Click Save and wait while the system completes necessary checks.
8. When the checks are done, you'll be redirected to the Accounts & Passwords screen. Choose your newly created account there:
9. Scroll down and select Advanced:
10. Here you can select additional settings for IMAP or POP3.
If you set IMAP connection, use port 993 (with SSL) or port 143 (without SSL).
If you chose POP3, you need to use port 995 (with SSL):
11. In order to set up additional settings for outgoing server, return to the previous menu and then go to Outgoing Mail Server by pressing on the hostname of the server. From the list of servers, select Primary Server:
12. For Outgoing Server (SMTP), select port 465 (with SSL) or port 587 (without SSL):
Once the settings are verified, your account will be active and ready to use.
To test your new email account, go to Mail and try sending and receiving emails.