This tutorial shows how to synchronize e–mails, contacts and appointments of your Namecheap Private Email account in Outlook application on your iPhone/ iPod/ iPad. We will use a test email account email@example.com in this guide.
Before You Start
- Before setting up email account this way, make sure you already have required DNS records and mailbox created.
- Take into account that synchronizing with mobile devices is available only for Pro and Ultimate packages only.
1. Open Outlook email application on your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod:
2. If this is your first account, click on the GET STARTED button, and type in your email address.
NOTE: If you’ve already added your email account to Outlook, click on the Admin sign in the upper left-hand corner and select the Add Account icon. Alternatively, you can go to Settings >> Add account option:
3. Type the full email address of the email account you want to add (we’re using firstname.lastname@example.org as an example) and press Add Account:
4. You will then be redirected to the Select your email provider page where you’ll be required to choose Exchange:
5. Now click Use Advanced Settings and fill in the required details:
- Email Address: your full email address
- Password: one from your Private Email email account
- Server: privateemail.com
- Description: the description of your email account (only you will see this)
- Domain: your mailbox domain name (nctest.info in email@example.com)
- Username: the first part of your email address (support in firstname.lastname@example.org)
Now click Sign In:
7. The system will now verify your account settings.
8. When your account is created, you’ll be able to choose additional settings in the Exchange account:
You will now be able to:
- Enable mail notifications in the Mail Notifications tab
- Create your personalized signature in the Signature tab
- Enable calendar notifications in the Calendar tab
- Integrate other Outlook apps in the Integrations and Add-Ins tabs