How to configure ActiveSync (Exchange) account in Outlook for iPhone
This tutorial shows how to synchronize e–mails, contacts and appointments of your Namecheap Private Email account in Outlook application on your iPhone/ iPod/ iPad. We will use a test email account firstname.lastname@example.org in this guide.
Before You Start
- Before setting up email account this way, make sure you already have required DNS records and mailbox created.
- Take into account that synchronizing with mobile devices is available only for Pro and Ultimate packages only.
1. Open Outlook email application on your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod:
2. If this is your first account, click on the GET STARTED button, and type in your email address.
NOTE: If you’ve already added your email account to Outlook, click on the Admin sign in the upper left-hand corner and select the Add Account icon. Alternatively, you can go to Settings >> Add account option:
3. Type the full email address of the email account you want to add (we’re using email@example.com as an example) and press Add Account:
4. You will then be redirected to the Select your email provider page where you’ll be required to choose Exchange:
5. Now click Use Advanced Settings and fill in the required details:
- Email Address: your full email address
- Password: one from your Private Email email account
- Server: privateemail.com
- Description: the description of your email account (only you will see this)
- Domain: your mailbox domain name (nctest.info in firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Username: the first part of your email address (support in email@example.com)
Now click Sign In:
7. The system will now verify your account settings.
8. When your account is created, you’ll be able to choose additional settings in the Exchange account:
You will now be able to:
- Enable mail notifications in the Mail Notifications tab
- Create your personalized signature in the Signature tab
- Enable calendar notifications in the Calendar tab
- Integrate other Outlook apps in the Integrations and Add-Ins tabs