How to configure Exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2013
In this article you will find the instructions on how to synchronize emails, contacts and appointments in your Namecheap Private Email account configured in Microsoft Outlook 2013. The protocol that allows to synchronize contacts, calendar and emails simultaneously, is called Microsoft Exchange.
NOTE: Exchange account configuration is only available for Business and Business Office Private Email packages only.
In order to be able to configure Exchange account, you will need to install OXTender 2 plugin on your device. The first step for OXTender 2 plugin installation is downloading Namecheap Private Email Updater for Microsoft Outlook:
1. Download Updater in your webmail account going to Systemmenu > Settings (1) > Downloads (2) > Download installation file (for Windows)(3):
2. This file will initiate Updater installation which, in its turn, will check if OXTender is present on your computer. It doesn’t find one, Updater will offer you to install it together with some other addons, like OXDrive.
3. All you need is to follow the instructions of installation wizard:
4. Once Updater is installed, it will start checking for available updates. As a result, in a minute a pop-up window will appear and there you will need to enter your login details:
5. If pop-up window did not appear, make a right click on OXUpdater button in the taskbar > Check Now:
6. Once you are logged in, Updater will show you the updates available. In order to find them, right click on OXUpdater button in the taskbar – you will see that 1 or 2 updates are available:
7. In the next window, you will be able to install these updates. Now you can run OXtender installation (and OX Drive if needed) by selecting them from the list and hitting Next:
8. The downloading and installation of updates will begin. If you select to install OX Drive additionally, it will be necessary to follow additional steps to complete OX Drive installation as well.
NOTE 1: in order to install OXTender correctly, make sure that no existent email accounts share email address you are going to use with Namecheap Private Email due to possible conflicts.
NOTE 2: currently, OXtender 2 can not cooperate with another MAPI (Microsoft Exchange) account in the same mail profile.
NOTE 3: to ensure that your emails won’t be lost during the setup, make sure that you saved mail on mail server or locally in a separate backup.
If you are editing (removing or resetting) MAPI (Microsoft Exchange) or IMAP profile there's nothing to fear of.
9. After all the necessary precautions are taken, you can proceed with OXTender installation. Oxtender 2 will require the following configuration set to be used to configure mail profile:
Profile name: any name you like to assign to your profile
Configure as default e-mail profile: check this option to make this profile a default one
Server URL: https://privateemail.com
Username: your full Private Email address
Password: password created for this e-mail address
NOTE: 'usm-json' URI added automatically to the server address
10. Now you can click Install:
11. If everything was configured correctly, in a minute you will see a windows saying that Oxtender 2 was successfully installed. You can hit Finish now:
11. Now run Microsoft Outlook 2013 on your computer and select the new profile you created from appeared window:
12. It might take several minutes until your data is available in Outlook.
There should also appear an additional section in your Outlook which directly links Outlook with Namecheap Private Email features. There you will find Mailfilters, Vacation Notice, Personal Data and Password change options:
13. If you need to change your exchange email account settings, you can do it in the following way:
Navigate to Start > Control Panel:
Go to E-mail Accounts…:
In Account Settings window that will appear next, select the email account you wish to change settings for and hit Change button:
Make all the changes that you need and save them:
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk