This article describes main features of Solus VM with XEN Virtualization Type. For KVM Virtualization Type use this guide.
Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) is a powerful GUI-based VPS management system which allows you to monitor your VPS status and change basic settings.
You can access SolusVM at https://vpspanel.web-hosting.com. Login details are provided in the welcome email along with server access details. If you haven’t received it, please contact our HelpDesk.
Inside SolusVM you will see all your VPS with us.
Click on Manage next to the VPS in question in order to access its management panel.
How to change the server status
How to change the VPS hostname
How to change the root password
How to enable API access to the server
How to check VPS usage statistics
How to access the server via Serial Console
How to manage PTR records on VPS
How to check SolusVM log
1. How to change the server status:
To change the server status, select the General tab:
Reboot - reboots your VPS; may be needed if VPS has stopped responding
Shutdown - turns off your VPS server
Boot - turns on your VPS server
Reinstall - reinstalls OS on your VPS
NOTE: The reinstall option will erase all existing data on your VPS
2. How to change VPS hostname:
- Select the Hostname tab
- In the New Hostname field input the new server hostname of your choosing and click Change.
NOTE: The new hostname must be set in the following format - newname.yourdomain.tld
3. How to change the root password:
- Select the Root Password tab
- In the New Root Password field input the new root password and click Change.
NOTE: A reboot of your VPS is required for the root password change to take effect.
4. How to enable API access to the server:
You can check more information about SolusVM API usage here.
- Select the API tab
- Click on Generate in order to generate a new pair of API user/password.
5. How to check VPS usage statistics
In the Controls section select the Statistics tab and a time period from the drop-down list to see Traffic and Disk Space usage log:
6. How to access server via Serial Console
Serial Console is a SolusVM feature that enables an SSH connection via a separate IP address using session-specific random login details.
It can be used when you can’t connect to your VPS via regular means, for example, due to a firewall misconfiguration:
NOTE: Use port 21098 instead of one suggested by SolusVM, as we specially configured it for our VPSs:
- To access this feature, click on the Serial Console button
- On the next page, select the time period access will be granted for and click Create Session:
On the next page, you will be provided with SSH access details which can be used in any SSH client (or use Java console on the same page).
7. How to manage PTR records on a VPS
- Navigate to the Network tab.
Here you can see the list of the IPs assigned to your VPS and the Reverse DNS column.
- Click on [Edit]:
- A pop-up window will show up, input a new or edit the existing PTR record. Click on Update:
Allow up to 24 hours to pass (in some cases up to 72) for the record to propagate. NOTE: No additional update of the PTR record in WHM is required.
8. How to check SolusVM log
- Click on the Log button on the main page:
- Here you can check certain actions like VPS reboot or root password change which were made from the SolusVM panel:
- You can also look up your VPS current disk space usage and remaining bandwidth:
Check our VPS Hosting - Getting Started guide for more information about the VPS setup.
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk