How to reset Namecheap account password with Two-Factor Authentication enabled
The procedure of resetting password for your Namecheap account with Two-Factor Authentication enabled is almost the same as normal one, but it contains a few additional steps:
1. Mouse over the Sign In option at the top left of the page and click on the Forgot your password? link:
2. Fill out one of the fields with the information you remember and click on the Reset Password button:
3. Your Namecheap username and a link to reset your password will be sent to the email address associated with your Namecheap account:
Please check spam/junk folders of your email account if you do not find the email in your Inbox. When the email is received, click on the password reset link in it.
4. Once you click on the link, you will be redirected to the page where you can select the phone number a code will be sent to from the drop-down menu. Once selected, you will need to click on the Proceed with Login button:
5. Once you receive the code, enter it into the corresponding field and click on the Submit Security Code button:
If you did not receive the code, go with the Didn't get the code? option.
6. You will be then redirected to the password reset page where you can specify your new password.
A Namecheap password should meet the following requirements:
a) contain at least8 characters with no spaces at the beginning and at the end of the password;
recommended to have the following included in the password:
b) one uppercase letter (A-Z);
c) one lowercase letter (a-z);
d) one special symbol (including but not limited to #, &, [, \, ^, ¢, §, «», %, etc.);
e) one number (0-9).
Once the password is reset, log in to your Namecheap account using your new account details.
If you've upgraded your device to OneTouch, you need to follow the steps 1-3 above and then approve your request via the Namecheap application:
Just open the app and click Approve there. After that, you will be redirected to the password reset page where you can specify your new password. Please check the step 6 above to know the requirements and recommendations for the password.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.