Use Internet Sharing on your macOS to connect to gaming and
streaming devices using your VPN service connection. This guide will
show you how to quickly connect to gaming and video devices so you can
share the benefits of your FastVPN on multiple devices in your
Requires Mac OS X 10.8 and up.
Note: WiFi sharing is not supported
What is required for Internet Sharing to work with VPN:
- A working connection to the internet.
- A secure FastVPN connection. Don’t have one? Sign up here!
- Your device must support DHCP.
- A crossover Ethernet cable between devices.
Things to consider before setting up VPN Internet Sharing on Mac:
initially connecting to your PS3/PS4, Xbox, Apple TV and others via
Internet Sharing, you may have to wait a couple of minutes before the
network becomes available.
- Connecting VPN through Internet Sharing on your Mac
means that your PS3/PS4, Xbox, Apple TV and others will be affected by
any firewall rules set in your security preferences as well as any
security software running on your Mac.
- Internet Sharing is dependent on the number of free CPU
resources as well as bandwidth available on your Mac. The connecting
device(s) are also required to support the encryption/authentication
method used by your Mac.
Let's Get Started
This guide will help you to share your FastVPN connection with your PS3/PS4,
Xbox, Apple TV and others using the Ethernet port on your Mac.
Follow the steps below to proceed with the setup:
1. Click the Apple
icon in the upper-left corner of the screen and choose the System Preferences
2. Locate the Sharing icon and click on it:
3. Select Internet Sharing from the services panel on the left. Choose FastVPN connection from the "Share your connection from" drop-down menu (if you don’t have one listed, see this guide to create one). Put the check mark next Ethernet in the "To computers using" panel. Ethernet is the connection that will share the FastVPN connection with your
PS3/PS4, Xbox, Apple TV, etc.
4. Put the check mark next to the Internet Sharing located in the Service panel on the left and click Start when the dialog box appears:
5. Once your FastVPN connection sharing is turned on, you will see the green dot next to Internet Sharing and the status "On":
The last step to share your VPN connection is to plug in your Xbox,
Apple TV, etc., to the Ethernet port on your Mac using a crossover cable.
Internet Sharing is now enabled on your Mac. To share your FastVPN connection with your device, connect to FastVPN through the
manual connection you created on your Mac in the third step and reboot
your PS3/PS4, Xbox or Apple TV.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our Support Team.