The following are required to set up a PPTP connection on Windows 10:
- A secure FastVPN connection (Don’t have one? Sign up here!);
- Access to your FastVPN Account Panel in order to get your network credentials.
1. Open Windows Settings menu from the Windows icon on the bottom left of your device as shown below:
2. Select Network&Internet option from the Settings menu:
3. Select the VPN tab from the Network & Internet menu on the left side:
4. Click on the Add a VPN connection button below VPN.
5. Insert the following details:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection Name: FastVPN Built in
- Server name or address: Select your preferred server from the FastVPN Account Panel (e.g. sea-a24.vpn.server.com)
- VPN Type: PPTP
- Type of sign-in info: Username and password
- User Name: your FastVPN account username from the FastVPN Account Panel
- Password: your FastVPN accout password from the FastVPN Account Panel
Once done, click the Save button:
6. Navigate back to the VPN and click on Change adapter options listed below Related settings:
7. You will be redirected to the Network Connections. Find the PPTP connection you established and right click it. Select Properties >> Networking >> IPv4 >> Properties >> Advanced and check the Use default gateway on remote network box.
8. Click OK and close the Network Connections window:
9. Select Properties >> Security then under authentication section select Allow these protocols and select Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) checkbox:
10. Click the Connect button to connect the PPTP VPN connection from your VPN settings window.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our Support Team