The following are required to set up an L2TP connection on Windows 10:
- A secure Namecheap VPN connection, if you do not have one can sign up for VPN service!
- Access to you Namecheap VPN account panel in order to get your network credentials.
1. Open Windows Settings menu from the Windows icon on the bottom left of your device as shown below:
2. Select Network&Internet option from the Settings menu:
3. Select the VPN tab on the left side of the Network & Internet menu:
4. Click on the Add a VPN connection button below VPN.
5. Insert the following details:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection Name: Namecheap VPN Built In
- Server name or address: Select your preferred server from your Namecheap VPN account panel server list (e.g. sea-a24.vpn.server.com)
- VPN Type: L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key
- Pre-shared key: vpn
- Type of sign-in info: Username and password
- User Name: Namecheap VPN network username from Namecheap VPN account panel
- Password: Namecheap VPN network password from Namecheap VPN account panel
6. Click the Save
button to save the setup.
9. Select Properties >> Security then under authentication section select Allow these protocols and select Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) checkbox:
10. Click the Connect button to connect the L2TP VPN connection from your VPN settings window.