The following are required to set up a PPTP connection on Windows 10:
- A secure Namecheap VPN connection, if you do not have one can sign up for VPN service!
- Access to you Namecheap VPN account panel in order to get your network credentials.
1. Open Windows Settings menu from the Windows icon on the bottom left of your device as shown below:
2. Select Network&Internet option from the Settings menu:
3. Select the VPN tab on the left side of the Network & Internet menu:
4. Click on the Add a VPN connection button below VPN.
5. Insert the following details:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection Name: Namecheap VPN Built In
- Server name or address: Select your preferred server from your account panel server list. E.g.,sea-a24.vpn.server.com.
- VPN Type: PPTP
- Type of sign-in info: Username and password
- User Name: Namecheap VPN Network Username (From account panel)
- Password: Namecheap VPN Network Password (From account panel)
6. Click the Save
button to save the setup.
7. You will be redirected to the Network Connections. Find the PPTP connection you established and right click it. Select Properties >> Networking >> IPv4 >> Properties >> Advanced and check the Use default gateway on remote network box.
8. Click OK and close the Network Connections window:
9. Select Properties >> Security then under authentication section select Allow these protocols and select Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) checkbox:
10. Click the Connect button to connect the PPTP VPN connection from your VPN settings window.