New Calendar interface of Private Email
The Calendar enables you to manage your schedule with absolute ease, thanks to the intuitive design and modern features that ensure a smooth experience.
Log in to your new Private Email interface, click on the top left menu and choose Calendar to access the calendar.
Managing calendar events
To quickly create an event, click anywhere on the Calendar
area to open the event creation pop-up.
Enter the event title, specify the date and time, and click on Create Event. You can choose to either create an event with start and end time or create an All day event.
If you have more than one calendar, you can select a calendar from the drop-down menu. Here you can check more about multiple calendars.
To add more details to the event, click on Advanced Options. You will be redirected to another page with a wide range of the event options.
PLEASE NOTE: The same page can be accessed using the New Event button on the top left.
1. For recurring events, click on the Does not repeat drop-down menu and set the frequency of the meeting.
2. In the Event Details section, you can do the following:
- Add location - if the event takes place at a physical location, mention the meeting room, address of the place, etc.
- Create a Meeting link if the event involves a video conferencing option. The Add video meeting link option automatically adds a link where guests can join the event.
- If you want to add more details about the event, include them under Description.
- Customize when you want to be notified before the event. By default, you will receive an email notification about the event 10 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
3. In the Guests section you can specify actions that guests of the event can do with the calendar invite:
- Modify event - when this setting is on, invited guests can change the time, add more guests, etc. This setting is off by default.
- Invite guests - this setting allows Guests to add other people to the meeting. They will not be able to remove existing guests from the meeting.
- See guest list - this setting lets invited guests view the entire guest list. This option cannot be disabled if Invite guests is enabled.
Responding to events
You can respond to event invitations in two ways:
1. Through the email invite. Once you receive the invitation email, you will be able to select one of the given options: Yes/Maybe/No. This will send your response to the person who sent you the calendar invite:
2. Through the event in the Calendar. Select the new event in the Calendar tab, click on the RSVP drop-down menu and choose one of the given options: Going/Not Going/Maybe:
Open the Calendar and click on the event you want to modify. This will open the calendar event window where you can Edit, Delete the event, or change your response:
Click on Edit to make changes to the event:
- As an organizer, you can always modify the invite to edit the title, date, location, etc.
- As a guest, you can only modify the event if the organizer has turned on the Modify Event setting for guests.
Adding a calendar
It’s possible to add multiple calendars to one interface by following the steps below:
1. Click on the + icon next to My Calendars. It will open a pop-up to Add Calendar.
2. Add a Calendar Name, Description, and set a custom Color for it.
3. Click on Create to finish adding the calendar.
Deleting a calendar
1. Go to My Calendars and hover over the calendar you want to delete. Click on the three dots that appear.
2. Select the Delete option.
Changing calendar view
You can customize your calendar based on the view you like: Month, Week, or Day. Simply toggle the options on the top right of your screen to select the view of your choice:
Also, while exploring your schedule on other days of the month or year, you can quickly jump back to the current date by clicking on Today at the top left corner.
Setting calendar time zone
1. Open the Timezone settings by clicking on the Settings icon at the top right.
2. Click on the drop-down menu under Primary timezone to see the list of available time zones, searching for and selecting the one you want.
Adding multiple time zones
You can either search for a time zone or select it from the drop-down menu. You can also select one of these time zones as your primary time zone.