Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Experience level: At least 3 years’ experience
The aim of research and development (R&D) is to improve the current technologies offered by an organisation or to develop innovations that strengthen the organisation’s position in the marketplace. As a member of our R&D Team, you will be solving challenging problems and helping us to keep our product teams toolsets at the state-of-the-art level, ensuring that we use the best techniques available and push the limits of possible if needed.
You drive innovation in our development as a part of the team by setting up standards, advocating the latest industry trends & building the next-generation web applications.
Areas of interest for R&D team: software technologies (mainly JS/PHP/.NET), CI/CD, infrastructure, QA (automation, load)
Your main focus area: Drive innovations in scope (but not limited to) of the infrastructure related items. You will be working closely with our Architect, SRE, DBA, DevOps and Product development teams.
- You must be a quick learner
- Extensive experience in system administration of Linux based operating systems
- Kubernetes production experience, understanding of its components and concepts
- Extensive production experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GKE, Azure)
- Databases administration (SQL/no-SQL) and understanding of the data storage/replication principles. Understanding of ACID properties & CAP theorem.
- Knowledge and experience running web servers (Apache/Nginx) and related modules.
- Understanding of network fundamentals (LAN, WAN) including IP addressing, DNS, DHCP
- Continuous integration systems deployment experience (one of: TeamCity, Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo)
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Written English (read & write)
- Network management experience
- HashiCorp Terraform & Vault knowledge
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Packer, Chef, Puppet
- Patent registration program
- Competitive salary, annual salary review
- Challenging work in an international professional environment
- Support in materials preparation for conferences
- Flexible working schedule
- Flexible management
- Relocation Bonus when moving from a different city
- Full benefits package: paid vacation and sick leave
- Continuous professional development (free internal and external professional trainings)
- Free English classes in the company office
- Free use of the services provided by Namecheap
- Quarterly teambuilding activities
- Coffee, tea, fruits, office lunch delivery