Experience level: 5 to 8 Years
Employment Type: Contract
Do you light up at the thought of working with high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment? Join us as our content marketer with significant experience of WordPress to join our marketing team in support of EasyWP, our new managed WordPress product.
Global – As a Content Marketer, you will be supporting SEO through powerful content pieces on the Namecheap website, EasyWP website, our blogs and more. This is an opportunity to put your name to articles on one of the busiest website around.
You’ll also be helping produce content for other important channels such as email, affiliates, offline and more.
Your Future Team
Founded in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall, Namecheap began with a simple idea: that every Internet user should have access to fantastic domains and awesome customer service—without breaking the bank.
Fast forward nearly two decades later and we’re not only a Fortune 5000 company but also the second leading ICANN-accredited domain name registrar and web hosting company in the world. With 4.6 million happy customers and more than 10 million registered domains, we’re continuing to grow—and fast.
Priding ourselves on being straightforward, friendly and helpful, we’re dedicated to providing our customers with unparalleled levels of service, security, and 24/7 support when it comes to establishing their online presence.
So, are you ready to be a part of something bigger? Join our uber-talented team, with fellow colleagues based all around the globe (USA, UK, Hungary, Germany, Portugal and Ukraine—just to name a few).
· You have a good understanding of Internet technology industry, preferably in sectors such as domain registration, web hosting, and Internet security, etc.
· Enjoy using WordPress as your CMS/platform of choice for web content.
· You love working with people to solve problems.
· You are detail oriented and highly-focused.
· You can simplify complex problems into digestible, easy to understand solutions.
· You are comfortable working with remote teams, and a dispersed workforce.
· You are good at understanding technical concepts and translating them into effective messaging for business and/or consumer audiences.
· You have practical knowledge of marketing best practices related to SEO, digital conversion, and social media.
· You have experience building strong and capable teams and would enjoy aligning your work to our vision, mission and values.
· You want to work in a growing, a fast-paced and exciting environment that will challenge you from day one.
· Responsible for brainstorming, creating and transforming ideas into engaging words for Namecheap and EasyWP content.
· Support the overall marketing strategy of EasyWP and become a major contributor to its growth.
· Support user-centric content marketing initiatives in SEO, Display, Affiliate, Social, and PR.
· Create content for our existing and future target audience to grow our brand footprint. Adjust the tone and voice to communicate effectively to both tech-savvy customers and web novices.
· Analyze web copy and competitors’ activity to inform our content marketing strategy and tactics.
· Write clear, engaging and persuasive copy for Namecheap website, blog, email, promotion, presentation and other means of channels.
· Research the technical properties of products.
· Develop unique new concepts.
· Conceive, develop and produce effective projects.
· Work with SEO team and vision owner to determine customer's needs.
· Integrate SEO, design, usability, and navigation into the content creation process.
· Work with graphic designers to create ideas.
· Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed by the internal client.
· Work within tight deadlines.
· Check copy for spelling and grammar errors.
· Work with UX and the production department to fully develop the campaign.
· Explore different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in tandem with the SEO team.
· Work with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies to complete the project.
· Write new product press releases.
· Collaborate with Marketing and BI to analyze content performance. Update and optimize content regularly to maintain freshness, relevancy, and visibility.
· Be a native/fluent English speaker with excellent writing skills.
· Be able to write engaging and persuasive copy in American English.
· Have experience of WordPress as a user/webmaster.
· Have an eye for details.
· Have an interest in internet, web culture, e-commerce, tech and popular culture.
· Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about Namecheap services.
· Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
· Work well in a team and with a range of creative people.
· Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
· Be highly self-motivated and well organized.
· Be able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback.
· Familiarizing themselves with the Namecheap service, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
· Brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the SEO team.
· Presenting initial ideas to the SEO team, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts.
· Writing various copy options, which may be presented to the Vision Owner as a draft.
· Have a minimum of 5-8 years of work experience in advertising agencies, marketing agencies, in-house agencies, and content agencies. 4+ years of technical marketing writing experience preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in Art/Literature
· MBA (preferred)
SEO Team and Marketing, Product, and UX
· Competitive salary
· High degree of autonomy
· A crucial role in a creative, growing team
· International colleagues with a great sense of humor
· A flat organization with low-hierarchy and open communication
Ready for more?