LGPD PRIVACY NOTICE
Namecheap is Committed to Privacy
Namecheap is a longtime champion of online privacy. In fact, privacy has been one of our core values since inception. We live this value within our business and our work with others. For example, we have a longstanding partnership with privacy-focused organizations such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation. In 2016, we led the charge for a Privacy Bill of Rights on the internet. Why? Because we deeply believe in the right to privacy for every individual and we are committed to providing it.
On September 18, 2020, the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais (LGPD) will come into effect for Brazilian residents. The LGPD embraces many of the privacy rights for which we have advocated for years. We want to assure you that we still advocate for those rights and more. For those of you who are located in Brazil, this page will help you understand the LGPD and our compliance with it.
The right to confirmation of the existence of the processing. You have the right to ask that we confirm whether we process your personal data.
- The right to access the data. You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with, including information about any public and private entities we have shared your personal data with. Most of this data can be reviewed in your account panel and related products/services that you have purchased.
- The right to correct incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date data. If you want to correct or revise any of the data we retain on you, you may do so by accessing your account and the information contained within it. This includes Whois information collected for domains that you have purchased.
- The right to anonymize, block, or delete unnecessary or excessive data or data that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD. Please note that, depending on the request, this may result in a suspension or discontinuation of certain services and is also governed by legal and/or contractual retention guidelines.
- The right to the portability of data to another service or product provider, by means of an express request. We provide you with the ability to move any of your account data to a third party, at any time.
- The right to delete personal data processed with the consent of the data subject. You have a right to request the permanent deletion of your data, subject to certain exceptions. However, please note that exercising this right may result in a suspension or discontinuation of services and is also governed by legal and/or contractual retention guidelines.
- The right to information about the possibility of not giving consent and about the consequences of the refusal. You have the right to ask us to provide information about the possibility of not giving consent for the processing of your personal data and the consequences of such refusal.
- The right to revoke consent.
Please note that not all of these rights listed above are absolute, and limitations/exceptions apply in some cases. For example, we may not be able to fully comply with your request if we are bound by certain legal restrictions or contractual requirements, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision.
Exercising Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise the data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or a legal representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 15 days of its receipt but no more than 30 days. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request.
If you have provided data to Namecheap regarding a client of yours, which is subject to the LGPD, you are responsible for obtaining the proper consent from such client prior to sharing their personal information with us. You further acknowledge and agree that Namecheap can only fulfill these types of requests if made by a Namecheap customer. As such, as our customer, you agree that you are responsible for LGPD compliance and must request to exercise these rights for your clients. Namecheap will support you in fulfilling such requests.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
Postal Address: Namecheap, Inc.
4600 E Washington Street, Suite 305
Phoenix, AZ 85034