Transferring a domain is a multi-step but easy process. The steps involved in a domain transfer procedure are described below.
Transfer Now »
- Step 1: User adds the domains that needs to be transferred and completes checkout
- Step 2: If EPP Key (Authorization Key) is required, then an email with EPP request is sent. You can also enter the EPP key by going to My Account > Manage Transfers and clicking on the domain just after completing the order without waiting. (To obtain an EPP key, please contact your current registrar.)
- Step 3: If Step 2 is completed or not required, then the domain is submitted for transfer.
- Step 4: An email containing a link is sent to 'Administrator Email' for the domain (from firstname.lastname@example.org email address).
- Step 5: If the user clicks on the link and approves the transfer, the domain name is transferred to us.
- Step 6: If the domain named is 'locked' at the losing registrar, the registrar lock should be removed before proceeding with the transfer. An email is sent if the lock needs to be removed.
- Step 7: When the domain is unlocked, the transfer completes successfully.
How to transfer your domain from another registrar
Frequenty Asked Questions about Transfering Domain to Namecheap