How to configure Caldav/Carddav on Android
It is possible to have scheduling and contact information synchronized with a single ActiveSync exchange account. However, if partial configuration is required, this article will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to setup CalDAV/CardDAV accounts on an android device running Android 5+
NOTE 1: before setting up email account this way, make sure you already have required DNS records and mailbox created.
NOTE 2: take into account that synchronizing with mobile devices is available only for Business and Business Office packages only.
Below are the guidelines covering CalDAV account setup in the application called SolCalendar, which is very easy to use.
1. Once launched, expand menus by tapping on grid icon.
Scroll down and tap on Add an account menu:
2. In the next window, choose Manual Entry option and fill in the information as follows:
Then simply tap OK to start synchronization:
- full Namecheap Private Email email address
- the password for this email address
3. If everything is configured properly, the synchronization will start automatically.
4. Tap on Sync all to finish the configuration of your CalDAV account:
Here we use the application called CardDAV Sync which allows to set up contacts synchronization easily as well.
1. Launch the application and tap CardDAV option:
2. In the next window you will need to indicate the server information:
Server Name or URL: dav.privateemail.com
Use SSL: should be checked
Username: full Namecheap Private Email email address
Password: the password for this email address
Once all the settings are configured, click on Next button:
3. Choose Contacts option to synchronize all your Namecheap Private Email contacts.
Once done, simply tap Finish to complete the configuration of your CardDAV account:
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk