Google Mail Fetcher setup for Namecheap Private Email
Google Mail Fetcher functionality allows you to add your Private Email account into Gmail Webmail, so you will be able to conveniently check both accounts in one place. It will act as an email client – just like you can add multiple email accounts to Outlook or MacMail, you can add several accounts to Gmail interface. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Gmail account and go into Settings menu:
2. Navigate to Accounts and Import tab.
3. Click on Add a mail account option in Check mail from other accounts section:
4. Enter the address of your Private Email account and click on Next:
5. On the next page configure the settings as follows:
Username: full email address associated with your Private email account
Password: password for your Private email address
POP Server: mail.privateemail.com (the same for all subscriptions)
Port: 995 (Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail option should be checked)
Checkmark the options you need:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
- Label incoming messages
- Archive incoming messages
NOTE: If by any chance you do not remember your password, you can easily reset it using the following this guide.
6. Click on Add Account.
7. Once your account is successfully added, you can decide whether to use this email as From address. This way you will be able to compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your Private Email address.
Check Yes option to enable this functionality:
8. Enter the Name you would like to see in the FROM field and click on Next Step:
9. Configure the settings as follows:
SMTP server: mail.privateemail.com (the same for all subscriptions)
Username: full email address associated with your Private Email account
Password: password for your Private Email account
Port: 465 (with Secured connection using SSL option enabled)
587 (with Secured connection using TLS
Click on Add Account once all the details are filled:
10. Now check the verification code sent to your Private Email address (since you already added the account in Gmail, the code will be delivered to Gmail inbox).
Paste it in the corresponding field and click on Verify to finish the setup process:
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk