How can I point my domain name to my home server's IP?
You will need to setup an A record for your domain name to point to your server's IP address.
Please note that you can only set up an A record for the domain if it’s using our default nameservers.
In order to set up an A (address) record for your domain please perform the following actions:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Click on your username - it will be on the black bar located at the top of the page
- Click Manage Domains and click on the domain you wish to set the A (address) record for
- Click on All Host Records on the left (missing All Host Records option?)
- Enter your IP address for both WWW and @ fields and choose the record type as A (Address).
Normally the changes should take effect within minutes.
If you have a dynamic IP address you can use our Dynamic DNS feature, for more info please see the articles here: Dynamic DNS