How can I point my domain name to my home server's IP?
In order to point your domain to your server's IP it is needed to setup an A record for it.
Please note that you can set up A records for a domain if it’s using our default nameservers.
Please perform the following actions to create the needed record:
1. Sign in to your Namecheap account (Sign In option is available in the top hat of the page).
2. Select Domain List from the left side menu and click on Manage button next to your domain:
3. Navigate Advanced DNS tab at the top of the page:
4. Find Host records section and click on Add New Record button (not able to edit Host Records?):
5. Select A Record for Type and enter the Host you would like to point to an IP address:
6. Once all details are inserted, save them using Save all changes green button.
Normally it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
Once you've done so, you might also want to make sure, that there are no conflicting records set for the same host and remove them, if there are any. The records you need to check may be of URL Redirect (Unmasked/Masked/Permanent Redirect), A or CNAME record types.
Here is the example of conflicting records:
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team.