Use Internet Sharing on your Windows device to connect gaming and streaming devices using your VPN service connection. This guide will help you to share your internet connection with an PS3/PS4, Xbox, AppleTV, etc using your ethernet connection and FastVPN.What is required for Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to work:
- A working connection to the internet and a spare ethernet connection.
- A secure FastVPN connection. Don’t have one? Sign up for VPN service.
- Your device must be supported by Windows 10.
- A crossover ethernet cable between devices.
Things to Consider with Internet Connection Sharing (ICS):
Let's Get Started:
- When initially connecting your PS3/PS4, Xbox, AppleTV etc via ICS, you may have to wait a couple of minutes before the network becomes available.
- Connecting through ICS means that your PS3/PS4, Xbox, AppleTV etc will be affected by any firewall rules set in Windows 10, as well as any security software running on your Windows machine.
- ICS is dependent on the number of free CPU resources as well as bandwidth available on the host PC. The connecting device(s) are also required to support the encryption/authentication method used by the ICS host.
Before sharing FastVPN through Internet Connection Sharing, please connect the Ethernet from your computer to your PS3/PS4, Xbox, Apple TV etc using a crossover cable.
1. On your Windows device start FastVPN app and connect to preferred server.
2. Right click on the network icon in the system tray and choose "Open Network and Sharing Center".
3. Go to the Ethernet or Wi-Fi and click on "Change adapter options":
4. Right click on your VPN connection and select "Properties":
5. Click on the Sharing tab, select "Allow Other Network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection" and choose "Local Area Connection" (This is the Ethernet connection that will connect to your other device from the drop down menu) and click OK:
On the Network Connections pop-up click OK:
Go to FastVPN app and reconnect to the selected server.
Internet Connection Sharing is now enabled. To share your VPN connection with your device, connect to FastVPN service, then reboot your PS3/PS4, Xbox or Apple TV.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our Support Team.