Due to Symantec Sunset, it is not possible to manage the certificate via your Namecheap account. However, it is still possible to do it via the Symantec certificate management system: End User Home.
In order to log into your personal user account, please follow this link: https://products.geotrust.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
To get the access, you will need to have the following credentials:
- Fully qualified domain name or common name
- Order ID *
- Email address (email address used as administrative email address during the certificate activation)
*You can take the following steps to locate the Order ID:
- Log into your Namecheap account > select “Dashboard” or "Domain List" in the left-side menu
- Locate the domain name used as a common name for your certificate
- Click on the caret to expand the list of services assigned to the domain name
- Find the needed certificate and select "Manage" next to it
- In a new window, you may find the details of your certificate. You will need the Certificate Authority's ID.
Please keep in mind that if some of the options are missing or you do not remember them, do not hesitate to contact our Support Team to get them. The details will be provided to you after essential account verification (Namecheap Username +Support PIN).
Once the information is filled in, you will be forwarded to the new page where you will need to request access. The email with the link to access your EUH page will be sent to the administrative email address.
When you open the link, the following options will be available for you:
- Manage Order
- View Certificate Information
- Reissue Certificate
- Revoke Certificate
On the “Manage Order” page, you can cancel your certificate or resend the fulfillment email (email with your issued certificate) to the administrative email address:
When you go to View Certificate Information”, you will be able to download your certificate in different formats ( PEM for a Linux-based server and PKCS#7 for Windows and Java servers). Additionally, you can download the CA bundle suitable for your certificate type. The certificate as well as CA bundle are also presented in plain text, so you can easily copy and paste it into the necessary boxes during the installation process.
The “Reissue Certificate” tab opts you to reissue your current certificate with a newly generated CSR. In order to reissue the certificate, you will need:
- Choose the hashing algorithm for your certificate root; you can reissue your certificate with SHA-1 root or SHA-2 one
- Copy and paste your new CSR into the “Certificate Signing Request” field
- Read carefully the subscriber agreement and check the “I agree to this Certificate Subscriber Agreement” box.
- Click Submit:
Once done, your will start the reissuance process. You will need to verify your domain name ownership or company existence to complete the reissuance.
When you click the “Revoke Certificate” tab, you will be redirected to a new page where you can revoke your certificate. When the process is finished, the certificate becomes invalid and cannot be used in future.
This option is for making invalid the replaced certificates which appeared after reissuance. To revoke them, it is essential to select the certificate you need to revoke and check the box next to it. When the necessary certificate is chosen, you need to proceed with revocation approving it.
Should you have any questions about the process described above, you are welcome to contact our here for further quality assistance.