Google malicious content – hints on how to remove it
Why was my site blacklisted by Google?
Unfortunately, the majority of blacklisted websites are in reality legitimate websites into which hackers have inserted malicious content. Here are some popular reasons:
- your HTML or PHP code was hacked
- flash .swf files were added to your website
What is Malware?
It is malicious software specifically created to gain access or damage a computer without the knowledge of the owner. Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses are examples of malicious software that are often grouped together and referred to as malware. Malware can open access to your personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers or alter your search results without your knowledge.
How to fix the issue
Below are some suggestions how to resolve this issue if it is happening to your site:
1. Scan and remove the malicious content from your site. You can use the Virus Scanner option in cPanel or contact our Live Chat team for help.
2. Scan your PC.
3. Register and verify your site in Google’s free Webmaster Tools.
4. Sign into Webmaster Tools and check the Security Issues section to see details of sample URLs that may be infected.
5. Find the cause of the security issue and fix it. Otherwise, your site is likely to be reinfected.
6. Request a review in the Security Issues section in Webmaster Tools when your entire site is clean and secure. Once Google determines your site is fixed, they will remove the malware label.
Need any help? Contact our HelpDesk