How do I set my domain to use Namecheap's default DNS servers?
If you wish to change the DNS settings back to default ones in order to be able to set up Email/Domain Redirect/Host records, follow the instructions given below:
- Sign in to your Namecheap account
- Mouse over Account option in upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or choose Domain List menu in the bar on your left
- Click on Manage option in front of the domain name you wish to change the DNS settings for
- Choose Advanced DNS from the top menu and click on Edit in front of Domain Nameserver Type option
- Choose Namecheap Default as the Server Type and click Save changes.
Once the nameservers are changed, these changes are not accepted instantly all over the world. It may take up to 24 hours (in rare cases more) for local ISPs to update their DNS cache, so that everyone can see your website.
This is it!
Need any help? Contact us via Helpdesk