New Contact interface of Private Email
Having all your contacts in one place helps you quickly send emails. If an email address is present in your contacts, you’ll receive auto suggestions when you compose an email, create a calendar invite, etc.
: Contacts created in the new Private Email interface do not get automatically synced up with the previous Private Email webmail. Feel free to contact us and we will provide you with a .csv file
so it can be imported
on your end.
There are two types of contacts:
- My Contacts - these are contacts that you have deliberately created by clicking on the New Contact button. Contacts that you have edited from All Contacts also appear here.
- All Contacts - these are all the contacts you have previously sent emails or calendar invites to. These also include all the contacts listed under My Contacts.
Adding a new contact
Click on New Contact.
2. Add the Name, Email Address, Birthday, and Phone number. You can click on +Add to add an alternate phone number.
3. You can also add additional details about the contact: Designation, Department, Company.
4. By clicking on +More fields you can specify the URL, Address, and even add Notes about the contact.
5. Once you click on Create, the contact gets added to My Contacts and All Contacts.
Editing a contact
There are two ways to edit contacts:
- Search for the contact you want to edit. Click on it to open and then click Edit.
- Search for the contact you want to edit and hover over it. Click on the pencil icon on the right side to edit the contact.
You can edit existing information or add more information such as phone number, designation, company, etc.
Once you have successfully edited a contact, it will appear under both My Contacts and All Contacts.
Deleting a contact
There are two ways to delete contacts:
- Search for the contact you want to delete. Click on it to open, click on the three dots on the right and select Delete.
- Search for the contact you want to delete and hover over it. Click on the Trash icon on the right side to delete the contact.
PLEASE NOTE: Deleted contacts will not be auto suggested when you compose future emails.
Searching for contacts
If you are looking for a specific contact, you can simply search for that contact by name. Searching for a contact name returns results from both My Contacts
and All Contacts