How to set up VPN for MacOS
From the Namecheap VPN page, select your desired plan:
Once you click Get Started, you will be prompted to sign in to your Namecheap account:
or to create a new account:
Once you logged in, enter payment details and confirm your purchase:
To install the app, you can get the links to install your favorite apps directly from the Namecheap VPN website by clicking "Get Apps
Once the app is successfully installed on your iMac or MacBook, the Namecheap VPN icon will appear in the menu bar. Click this icon and sign into your existing Namecheap account:
Once Signed In you will see the connect screen.
The next step allows Namecheap VPN service to be added to the configurations on your Mac. Click Allow:
Once confirmed, you will be asked twice to enter your Mac user password in order to modify your settings:
By clicking on the scroll menu next to Location "Best available"
From here you can connect to "Best Available" location or your favorite locations or view more. Note that if you do not have a favorite location you will be able to add your favorite location.
By Clicking the top left arrow or view more you will be taking to the expanded view where you will have more options. Where you can view all locations, add/remove favorite at country or city, connect to country or city.
Here you can favorite a country:
Or favorite a city:
You can have multiple level of connections, either connect at country level:
Or connect to a city location:
Under the Locations tab on the top left you will find the Settings tab:
Under General Settings you will have
- This allows Namecheap VPN a secure connection automatically, so you would never forget it.
- When turned on, will ensure that your VPN is always connected if ever you lose connection or change network.
- Customer Support: Allowing you to contact directly our support by clicking the “Chat with a Live Person” link
- Link to our Rules & Policies
- Send Feedback: Allowing you to submit feedback from the app
Under Protocol Settings you will have
- The list of available protocols, for now IKEv2 as in the future more protocols will be supported for the Mac Version you will see them appear here and with the ability to change protocols.
This is the protocol area, for now we support only IKEv2 protocol, as soon as we add more protocols you will find them here.
Also note that on all expanded view pages there is the version number of the app that you are using on bottom left.
Under Log Details you will have:
- Track Your User Behavior allowing you privately turning on user tracking logs. They will be visible only to you.
- Data Consumption allowing you to track Downloads and Uploads.
- Log Details to improve your troubleshooting experience.