Location: Remote (Europe)
Experience level: 4+ years experience
Employment Type: Contract
As a cloud DevOps Engineer, you will contribute to develop and maintaining our next generation cloud services. You will join an heterogeneous team focused on making technology accessible by delivering robust, customer-friendly cloud products through a seamless Namecheap experience.
Scope: Global – You will join a heterogeneous team focused on making technology accessible by delivering robust, customer-friendly cloud products through a seamless Namecheap experience.
Location: Berlin, Germany. Other European locations for remote work will be considered case by case.
Your Future Team
In 2000, Richard Kirkendall founded Namecheap with one simple idea: that every Internet user should have access to fantastic domains and awesome customer service – without breaking the bank.
Fast forward nearly two decades and today we’re a Fortune 5000 company and the second largest domain name registrar (ICANN-accredited) and web hosting company in the world. We offer a suite of web services and products to our 4 million happy customers, we manage more than 10 million registered domains and we have an organization with more than 1000 people serving our customers’ needs. We’re growing – and fast.
We pride ourselves on being straightforward, friendly, and helpful. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with unparalleled levels of service, security, and around-the-clock support so that they can establish the online presence they dream of.
So – are you ready to be a part of something big? Join our vibrant team and collaborate with happy high-performers who work from all over the globe: India, US, Hungary, and Ukraine, just to name a few.
- Ideate, plan and code a wide variety of cloud services
- Help Namecheap build our container application cloud on top of our own bare metal
- Research, learn and share some of the latest trends and technologies in the cloud industry
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for our cloud services
- Document processes and software
- Share technical knowledge with the team members
- Be committed to best practices
- Give your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more
- Previous experience with large-scale, high-availability, asynchronous, distributed systems
- 4+ years experience with development of cloud services
- Superior knowledge in Python and/or Golang coding languages
- Basic knowledge in Bash scripting
- Good knowledge of serialization mechanisms (Json, YAML, etc)
- Strong Linux/Unix experience and deep understanding of how systems work
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- At least basic knowledge of Prometheus/Grafana
- CI/CD knowledge (Jenkins)
- Write good documentation and self explanatory code
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding how to secure cloud services and data
- Excellent communications skills
- Have a strong will for self-development
- Strong focus on self-education and self-motivation, team player with keen desire to help others
Nice to haves
- Experience with Flask, SQLAlchemy, Marshmallow
- Experience with Gin Gonic, SwagGo, GinProm
- Experience with automation tools: Ansible (would be great), Puppet, Salt
- Previous experience in hacking Linux kernel
- Previous experience in the hosting/cloud industry
- Experience with a public cloud provider like AWS or Gcloud
- Experience with hosting operating systems like CoreOS, Atomic or similar
- Experience of software defined storage (Ceph, Gluster, persistent container storage and more)
- Contributing to open source projects that power cloud services
Your Team: Matt Russell, Chief Cloud Officer, and team.
- Competitive salary
- High degree of autonomy
- A crucial role in a creative, growing team
- International colleagues with a great sense of humor
- A flat organization with low-hierarchy and open communication
Ready for more?
Step aboard! Your journey is just beginning.