Show your website some security love
Make upping your website protection a priority and get huge savings in our February Web Security Sale — which also includes some amazing bonus deals on .NET domains, Professional Email, and VPS hosting. Plus, protect your business from hacks, online outages, and more with our all-new Cyber Insurance, in partnership with Coalition.
The Web Security sale will run from February 15, 12:00 AM ET until February 21, 2022, 11:59 ET — that’s a whole week to stock up on as many deals as you want!
Putting security at the heart of your business
You wouldn’t leave home without locking up. And these days you definitely shouldn’t treat your website any differently. Your site is live 24/7, and potentially open to data breaches and other kinds of security hacks that could put your reputation and customer data at risk, and potentially cost you huge sums of money. So give your web security a health check now and take advantage of our special offers which are available for a limited time.
Web security offers
Save on all of these amazing security products until the February 21 offer deadline.
- SSL Certificates — Save up to 17%
- FastVPN — Save up to 71%
- PremiumDNS — Save 20%
- NEW: Cyber Insurance — From just $6.50/mo*
- .NET registration — Save 29%
- VPS Pulsar hosting — Save 25% — use promo code VPSSECURITY22
- Professional Email Pro Plan — Save 41%
Namecheap has partnered with leading provider Coalition, to bring you cyber liability coverage for small businesses — easy and affordable. Protect against data breaches, IT infrastructure risks, systems failure, cyber-attacks, legal costs, and more. Fill out a simple form, choose your policy Plan, and we handle the rest.
What makes Coalition different is they help you prevent cybercrime in the first place. Included in your policy is a range of free, advanced security and risk management tools to safeguard your online space. All accessed through a streamlined Dashboard. You’ll also be able to speak to a cyber security expert whenever you need it, with a 24/7 Helpline.
Why an SSL certificate is important to your website
SSL encryption addresses a number of things on your website. These include:
- Keeping data secure between servers, safe from the hands of hackers.
- Building and enhancing customer trust, and can also improve conversion rates.
- Ensuring Google and other search engines don’t mark your site as unsafe.
An SSL certificate encrypts the data between your server and the end-user. Only the end-user has the key to decrypt the data, making data sent from your site almost impossible for anyone else to decipher. SSLs are becoming more and more essential — sites with SSL certificates are now rewarded by Google, while sites without them show as “not secure” within Chrome and other browsers.
SSL encryption ensures that important data such as usernames, passwords, and credit card information is sent from the user to the site without the risk of interception. The main purpose of an SSL is to provide secure online banking transactions, logins, and data transfers that are useful for all manner of websites. It’s commonly used for these purposes but has others as well.
The easiest way to think of DNS is as the route to your site, and how it is followed by a computer. PremiumDNS involves pointing your domain to premium nameservers and setting up your records on these nameservers. This allows for improved site availability, faster performance, and minimal security gaps. You also get 100% DNS uptime guaranteed. Learn more about the purpose and benefits of DNS and PremiumDNS.
Get cybersmart with security basics
Discover the latest web security resources on our blog
Having the right security is not everything when it comes to staying safe online. The following articles include other best-practice tips and tricks and go into greater detail about online security.
- Are ad systems eavesdropping on your smartphone? – Do you find ads appear for things you didn’t message anyone about, search for, or input into your phone? We take a look at whether our devices are listening to us.
- How to protect your small business against cyber security risks – Discover why cyber insurance is a MUST for small businesses in 2022. From site downtime to data breaches, learn more about keeping reliably safeguarded.
- A stress-free guide to securing your site with SSL – Learn all about your new SSL Certificate with this helpful article. From installation to validation, it’s all here.
Get shopping, get secure!
Now you know your stuff, it’s really easy to claim the offers. Simply select the products you wish to purchase from the offers list on our landing page and add them to your cart before the end of February 21, 2022.
*Paid yearly. Currently only available in the USA.