Running a business is a lot of work. You spend time marketing, answering phone calls, and making sure your customers are happy.
The last thing you need is to be forced to take time out of your day to sign various contracts and forms that keep popping up. If you’re like many business owners, the process is something like this:
- Receive form that needs a signature
- Print form
- Sign form
- Scan form
- Email form back to sender
That’s 15 minutes down the drain—if you’re lucky.
Save Time with E-Signatures
You can reduce this time using a low-cost eSignature tool. These tools let you sign any document you receive via email and return it without printing or scanning. And if you need to send a form for someone else’s signature, most of these tools also allow the recipient to sign the document online.
The eSignature process usually starts by uploading a document. You then add your signature to it by either “drawing” one with your mouse, selecting a preset signature font, or uploading a photo of your signature. Typically, you can fill out other fields on a document as well, such as date and text fields.
Digital Signature Tools
Many governments began recognizing the validity of eSignatures at the turn of the century. This led to the emergence of several companies dedicated to making eSignatures easier for businesses. At first, eSigning systems were very expensive and only used by large companies. Now they are affordable and accessible even for small companies and individuals, and most offer a free trial version. Here’s a rundown of some of the most popular eSigning tools.
- DocuSign is one of the most familiar names in electronic signatures. It is also the most affordable option if you have limited needs. Check out their free plan is perfect for simply signing documents (if you don’t need to send documents to other people for online signature). It offers unlimited self-signing. If you need a more robust system, DocuSign has plans starting at just $3 per month. All DocuSign plans come with a free 30-day trial.
- HelloSign is another popular eSignature tool. Very light users can use its free plan to manage three documents per month. If you use a bit more ink than that, the least expensive plan is $15 per month. Like other services, HelloSign also has robust tools for teams.
- Adobe Sign – Reputation and name brand matter, especially if you’re sending out documents for other people to sign. Adobe Sign is backed by the same company known for Photoshop and Acrobat. Like the others, its eSigning system offers a free trial. Plans start at $15 per month.
- RightSignature from Citrix offers a free limited trial and plans starting at $15/month.
- eSign PDF is for people who have light signature needs. eSign PDF from Smallpdf only lets you add a signature to a .pdf document. On the plus side, it’s free and you don’t have to register to use it.
As a business owner, you need to focus your time on tasks that add value to your busienss. Printing and scanning documents is a waste of time. Recover time in your day by using an eSignature tool.