Sweat. Toil. Anguish. So much work has gone into our newly redesigned Account Panel. After experimenting with ingredients and presentation, we’re finally ready to present our work to you, our beloved customers.
Presentation, with Class
Your account is the part of our site that matters most to you. It has to be easy to find and manage your products and services. So we organized Account Panel into five sections:
- Dashboard – All your most frequently used actions and recent interactions live here. Top up your account balance, enable two-factor authentication, check the progress of your multiple modification requests, and so on.
- Expiring Soon – You never have to worry about expiration dates again. Just check here to see what’s coming due for renewal.
- Domain List – Easy access to all the domains within your account, including those registered elsewhere and the ones you manage for other owners. Services associated with your domains are also here.
- Product List – Here’s where you’ll find SSL certificates awaiting activation, as well as your Onepager subscriptions.
- Profile – The crucial pieces that keep your account running smoothly. Your contact info, security and billing settings, and management tools are all located here.
The Meat (or Tofu Burger, for Vegetarians) and Potatoes of the Account Panel
But what about using all the features? You can’t spend all day hassling with DNS or trying to decipher error messages that were written by aliens. That’s why we’ve juiced up the Account Panel in all the right ways.
- Username and sign-out links are easy to find at top left.
- Filters and actions are available right above your domain list. When you filter, it happens on the fly.
- We’ve consolidated statuses into just these main four: Active, Alert, Grace, Expired. We provide info and options whenever something needs your attention.
- Auto-renewal is available throughout the interface for all products that support it.
- Initiating actions for multiple items is a breeze.
- When you contact Support, we’ll point you to the right department and help you fill in the ticket submission form.
- Better host record management helps you avoid misconfigurations and other DNS issues.
- We’ve simplified configuration for domain and email redirects, as well as DDNS.
- It’s way easier to transfer domains and share domain management access with others.
- You can now access your hosting plans, SSL certificates, and private email subscriptions from one place. For easier management, we now support only one Private Email subscription per domain.
- Renewal notifications will now be required for all WhoisGuard subscriptions.
- We’ve also updated interaction with your payment cards in the Profile section. Among other things, you can now set up to two backup cards for auto-renewal.
Heads up! During the transition, we’ve temporarily disabled some features in the Domain Marketplace. We’ll let you know when everything is back online there. We’ve also removed some outdated features and all references to legacy products. If you can’t find a feature you used to love or you need assistance with an old product such as POP3 Email or Rich Content, contact our Support team. They’re still the best in the biz.
There’s more we could mention, but you get the idea, right? Log in and check it out yourself.