Make your website more secure, for less
Make upping your website protection a priority and get huge savings in our Web Security Sale to mark Cyber Security Awareness Month. Plus, get incredible savings with bonus offers including 39% off .NET domains, 45% off Professional Email, and up to 40% off VPS hosting. Plus, protect your business from hacks, online outages, and more with our all-new Cyber Insurance, in partnership with Coalition.
The Web Security sale runs from October 25, 12:00 AM ET until October 31, 2022, 11:59 ET — that’s a whole week to stock up on as many deals as you want!
Putting security at the heart of your business
You wouldn’t leave home without locking up. And these days you definitely shouldn’t treat your website any differently. Your site is live 24/7, and potentially open to data breaches and other kinds of security hacks that could put your reputation and customer data at risk, and potentially cost you huge sums of money. So give your web security a health check now and take advantage of our special offers which are available for a limited time.
Web security offers
Save on all of these amazing security products until the October 31 offer deadline.
- SSL Certificates – Save up to 17%
- FastVPN – Save up to 71%
- PremiumDNS – Save 20%
- NEW: Cyber Insurance – From just $6.50/mo*
- Domain Vault – Free 30-day trial (from just $1.88/yr thereafter)
- .NET registration – Save 39%
- VPS hosting – Save up to 40% – use promo code VPSWSS22
- Professional Email Pro Plan – Save 31%
Get to know the most recent addition to our line-up of incredible security projects, Domain Vault. Stop hackers or cybercriminals from hijacking your domain with Domain Vault, by Namecheap. This specialist security suite is designed with layers of digital and human-verified protection, making it virtually impossible for your domain settings to be altered by anyone other than you. All plans include specialist customer support and an extra identity check for changes, but our Titanium plan also includes a Registry Lock.
Why an SSL certificate is important to your website
SSL encryption addresses a number of things on your website. These include:
- Keeping data secure between servers and safe from the hands of hackers.
- Building and enhancing customer trust, and can also improve conversion rates.
- Ensuring Google and other search engines don’t mark your site as unsafe.
An SSL certificate encrypts the data between your server and the end user. Only the end-user has the key to decrypt the data, making data sent from your site almost impossible for anyone else to decipher. SSLs are becoming increasingly essential — sites with SSL certificates are now rewarded by Google, while sites without them show as “not secure” within Chrome and other browsers.
SSL encryption ensures that important data such as usernames, passwords, and credit card information is sent from the user to the site without the risk of interception. The main purpose of an SSL is to provide secure online banking transactions, logins, and data transfers that are useful for all manner of websites. It’s commonly used for these purposes but has others as well.
The easiest way to think of DNS is as the route to your site, and how it is followed by a computer. PremiumDNS involves pointing your domain to premium nameservers, and setting up your records on these nameservers. This allows for improved site availability, faster performance, and minimal security gaps. You also get 100% DNS uptime guaranteed. Learn more about the purpose and benefits of DNS and PremiumDNS.
Learning more about online security
Having the right security is not everything when it comes to staying safe online. The following articles include other best-practice tips and tricks and go into greater detail about online security.
Get cybersmart with security basics
Discover the latest web security resources on our blog
- A more secure web with password managers – See why password managers could be the way forward for storing your access information for multiple sites.
- Understanding fraud and abuse: how to protect yourself online – Online fraud is a thriving industry. Discover how to protect yourself from falling into the traps of online criminals.
- The top 5 cloud security threats to be aware of in 2022 – Cloud computing promises improved cybersecurity, but that doesn’t mean it’s without threats.
Get shopping, Get secure!
Now you know your stuff, it’s really easy to claim the offers. Simply select the products you wish to purchase from the offers list on our landing page and add them to your cart before the end of October 31, 2022.
How am I supposed to know what security items I already have?
You should be able to view your Namecheap products in your Namecheap dashboard. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team.