Let’s talk about Terraform
As your chosen registrar, we want to help make your life as pain-free as possible when it comes to domain management. For this reason, we offer our customers the ability to manage domains with Namecheap through Terraform. This incredible tool allows developers to manage, monitor, and provision resources without the need for manual configuration.
Interestingly, Namecheap’s Terraform provider was created by an independent developer for his own purposes, and it was passed on to us. With the help of our research and development team, we have improved the code to make it faster and more efficient.
We are so proud that our talented customers are helping us to become better, and in turn, to provide a better service for all of our customers.
What is Terraform?
HashiCorp released the software tool Terraform on July 28, 2014, to help users manage infrastructure as code (IaC). Without IaC, the infrastructure management of virtual machines, networks, etc., can be challenging to track, and errors can often occur.
When working on a large project, the number of components and configurations can become bewildering and overwhelming. IaC helps to solve problems such as keeping the settings of individual deployment environments consistent.
In other words, with Terraform, you can quickly create reproducible identical environments to help test your code. Development teams can easily collaborate, work across multiple data centers at once, and have more time to concentrate on other projects, secure in the knowledge that the infrastructure management is under control.
3 benefits of using Terraform
Let’s take a closer look at three benefits of Terraform for DevOps, Cloud engineers, and other IT professionals.
- Easy multi-cloud deployments – this helps companies of any size with provisioning and automation simultaneously across different cloud providers and local data centers.
- Easy module creation – users can package and reuse common code in modules, simplifying projects. These modules can be locked so that only one user can make changes.
- Lower development costs – with the easy creation of deployment environments and quickly created parallel environments, the time spent on programming is reduced, leading to reduced costs.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of this tool, please visit terraform.io.
The following web pages provide more information on using Terraform with Namecheap:
That’s all folks!
Thanks for reading about Terraform. If you would like to know more, please contact our support team, who will answer any questions.
Meanwhile, if you’ve still got some of your hot drink left and you’d like to read more, why not check out the following blog posts?
- SSL certificate validation changes – whether you’re purchasing an SSL or have an SSL you need to activate, find out more about the upcoming changes to how SSLs are validated.
- Top domain sales of 2021 – learn about the year’s most significant domain sales (so far). One domain sold for $3,150,000!
- What to do if someone impersonates you online – find out the steps to take if impersonation and identity theft happens to you.